2017 CAANZ/AUT University Foundations of Advertising & Media Course
Posted 20 December 2016.
Start Date: Tuesday 13th June, 2017 12 week course
The CAANZ/AUT University Foundations of Advertising and Media Programme is a comprehensive course which covers the fundamentals of the advertising and media agency world. The course is now regarded as one of the most valuable and effective courses for those with fewer than three years’ experience. The course will be underpinned academically by AUT University, and is supported with presentations and case studies from industry experts and leaders. Places are limited to 40 and we anticipate all places will be filled quickly by CAANZ Members.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND THIS COURSE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO CAANZ MEMBERS.
The twelve week course includes the following modules:
History and Context - the organisational and industry structure and functions of creative and media agencies
CRM - the value and significance of client relationship management
Brand Stewardship - critically reviews the concept of brands, new developments in branding theory and understanding of the consumer/brand relationship
Creative - the creative process
Media - the world of media and emerging trends
Integrated Marketing Communications - integration of marketing communications and brand stewardship along all channels
Overall Agency Business - the importance of revenue generation and managing profitability
Digital - the impact of digital on advertising and media
CEO Forum ad leaders In New Zealand - agency leadership and challenges with ‘a view from on top.’
The course is targeted at a junior level audience e.g. agency graduates/interns, Media Assistants, Account Managers and Planners and marketing people with 1 - 3 years’ experience, or those interested in the advertising media agency world as a career step.
- Commencement date: Tuesday 13th June for all attendees with an opening function and this is followed by weekly presentations and interactive exercises from industry leaders and AUT University lecturers during the course
- As this is a university course, participants are required to attend all modules and complete all assignments. Agencies must be prepared to release their participants every Tuesday in time for a 5pm start, and to be given reasonable time to complete the assignment process
- Assessment includes two assignment components which are led by AUT University – full details will be given during the course
- At the end of the course, a CAANZ/AUT University Certificate of Completion, potential with Merit or Honours, will be presented to those who have successfully completed all CAANZ/AUT University requirements
- Participants are required to attend all the modules on a weekly basis and complete the assignments. Should the participant not be able to attend a module - it is expected that an email be sent advising CAANZ of their absence. Failure to attend the modules or contribute to the assignments will exclude the participant from receiving the CAANZ/AUT University qualification - completion certificate
- A closing function including participant presentation of their group assignments and completion certificates will take place on Tuesday 19th September 2017 at AUT University, Sir Paul Reeves Building - this is a ‘must attend’ for agency managers! Traditionally participants have exceeded all expectations during the presentation process and this is an occasion to celebrate their work and dedication
- Investment – CAANZ graduates receive this course as part of the CAANZ Graduate Placement Programme. CAANZ Members, individuals/non CAANZ 2017 graduates will be charged $2000.00 plus GST pp. Non-Members $3000.00 plus GST.
South Island, Wellington and Hamilton CAANZ Industry Members will be charged $500.00 plus GST pp. This will cover costs for remote access via Skype and the use of the Logitech camera, microphone and AV Technician.
We strongly encourage all participants to attend the following dates:
- Opening Function - Tuesday 13th June, Little Easy,198 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland 1011
- CEO Forum - Tuesday 12th September - Vikki Lane Bar & Kitchen, 151 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010
- Final Function/Presentation Evening - Tues 19th September - AUT University
Full details of the course including dates, will be sent to participants and their managers.
Feedback from this year’s course is extremely positive and participants have spoken of the genuine value they gained by attending. Contact Marlen Smith - email@example.com
CAANZ gratefully acknowledges the significant contribution and support from AUT University, industry leaders/contributors, agency hosts, MultiMedia and media partners.
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback from past participants on ‘CEO Forum’
- “I really loved and appreciated last night - I found my mind was immersed and entertained into thinking new things and concepts.” - Ana, Fairfax
- ”I found the evening to be a really good way to finish up the course.It was nice to hear honest opinions / way’s to conduct yourself that you wouldn’t get from any other training course.” - Jason, OMD.
- “Thanks for last night! It really was truly inspiring. It’s great to hear people with so much knowledge and standing in the industry speak so candidly.” - Kate, Fuse.
See CAANZ Terms & Conditions here.